Drip coffee makers are one of the blessings for coffee lovers. Its convenient design with affordable price has made so popular among the people.
Wherever you want to drink coffee at home or office, they are the best solution. Brewing is also comfortable with them. But the problem occurs when you want to purchase the best one with your budget.
It is a tricky process to choose the best drip coffee maker from dozens of products at the same price. So, before you purchase a drip coffee maker, you need to know what are the best products in this category. Here we are going to share A to Z about them.
What is a Drip Coffee Maker?
Drip coffee makers are an automatic system to brew a specific amount of coffee. Based on the product, the brewing capacity may increase.
There are different types of drip coffee makers. Some come with programmable features, and some come with a faster brewing system, etc.
But the ultimate goal is the same. They are automatic and need to connect with electric power. They are user-friendly and very easy to operate.
Choosing the right product is like winning a game. Here you have to consider several things to find out the best one for you. The same goes for drip coffee makers. Before you order the coffee maker, you should know the following things.
The capacity of the Reservoir: This feature depends on your demand. Count how many cups of coffee you need to brew at a time.
If you are going to use the coffee maker at home, the number may be from 4 to 12. But in the case of office usages, it requires more capacity. So, check the reservoir to know how much water it can hold.
Compact Design: Surely you are not going to waste a huge space of your kitchen only for a coffee maker. This also true in the case of an office.
So, try to pick a product that comes with a compact design. If you need to move the coffee maker at different times, then it also looks for a lightweight product.
The material of the Machine: Need a strong drip coffee maker? Then look for the raw materials.
Some coffee makers come with stainless steel, and some come with aluminium construction. Both are durable, but ensure that the metal is of high grade.
Brewing Method: No matter if you have a vast knowledge about coffee brewing if you are a busy person. So, don’t forget to look for the brewing method.
Look for an easy to use the coffee maker. Some products have a customization system; you can also look for them.
Other Accessories: With a drip coffee maker, there are also some other products required for brewing. Carafe lid, showerhead and filter basket are some of the common things.
If they are available with the product, it will be good for you. Otherwise, keep some budget for those accessories.
Things to Avoid When Using Drip Coffee Maker
Want to be your barista at home? Then follow some rules and avoid some unnecessary things to have a great taste for the coffee. Here are some common mistakes that you should avoid-
- Don’t fill the reservoir entirely.
- Never use coffee beans with low quality.
- Don’t use the coffee maker for a long time without cleaning.
- Don’t use coffee beans without measuring how much it needs to be used.
- Don’t serve the coffee in a plastic mug.
- Avoid using frozen beans for coffee.
- Never forget to clean the filter regularly.
Top 10 Drip Coffee Makers
1. Bonavita BV1800SS 8-Cup Coffee Brewer
If you think that brewing a perfect drip coffee is not possible without a high priced product, then the Bonavita BV1800SS will change your concept. With a reasonable cost, you are getting all top class features in it.
The main construction of the coffee maker is made of stainless steel. This ensures the longevity and durability of the machine.
You will love the easy one-touch control panel. No need for any expertise to brew coffee in it. It comes with a compact design to save space in the kitchen. Because of lightweight, it is easy to move the machine anywhere as you wish.
There is a powerful heater in the brewer which can achieve temperature from 195 degrees-205 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Included thermal carafe to keep warm the coffee.
- One-touch controlling system.
- Showerhead distributes the water evenly to extract the flavour from ground coffee.
- Minimal design to set up within a small space.
- The carafe is easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a brew basket.
- The carafe is not so big.
- No programmable features are available.
- Not the best product for strong coffee.
Conclusion: People who are struggling to find the best drip coffee brewer within a reasonable price, just pick this one. No major issues have found in it and satisfaction is sure.
2. Moccamaster KBT 10-Cup Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe
If you are looking for a premium drip coffee maker to use for a big family or in an office, then you can pick this Moccamaster KBT, coffee maker. The user can brew 10 cups of coffee at a time with the machine.
Brewing housing is made of high-grade stainless steel. Also, there is a durable thermal carafe. This carafe can hold 10 cups of coffee.
All materials of the machine are recyclable. So, you are not spoiling the environment. No metal taste in the coffee because of high protection.
It will take only 6 minutes to brew a full carafe. The unique copper boiling element ensures accurate temperature all the time.
Also, there is an automatic shut-off feature to keep the machine secure. It is easy to operate and no additional accessories required for brewing.
- Extract the flavour accurately and give authentic taste.
- Automatic shut-off feature for safety.
- Eco-friendly product with 100% recyclable materials.
- Extreme durability and longevity.
- Large capacity to use in an office or a big family.
- Manual adjust drip-stop brew-basket.
- Its price is not affordable for all.
- Its dimension is a little bit bigger.
Conclusion: You may find different products with the same features, but we recommend it because of the long-term service.
Its overall performance is impressive. The easiest way to brew a perfect drip coffee has integrated into it.
3. BUNN BT Velocity Brew Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer
Price is not a big issue if you know how to choose the best product. The BUNN BT Velocity is the perfect solution for home and office. It can brew a delicious pot of coffee in no time flat.
The internal hot water tank is made of stainless steel. It keeps the water heated to optimal brewing temperature of 200 Degree Fahrenheit.
It comes with vacuum insulated thermal carafe to keep the brewed coffee hot for a long time. You can make up to 10 cups of coffee within 3 minutes.
The spray head design ensures the perfect extraction of flavour. This is easy to use a drip coffee machine with a user-friendly control panel. Cleaning is not a big issue with this Bunn coffee maker.
- Made of stainless steel and other high-quality materials.
- Stainless-steel vacuum-insulated carafe.
- Vacation switch for smooth operating.
- It doesn’t require a big space for the setup.
- Best coffee maker drip for the money.
- You are not going to love its heavyweight.
- There is no warmer plate with the machine.
- Require regular maintenance to avoid odor in the coffee.
Conclusion: You will notice some features are missing in the machine. As its price low, so the manufacturer has cut-off some features.
However, you will love it because of longevity and performance. If budget is an issue for you, just go for it.
4. Mr Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT-AM 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
Struggling to find a product because of a tight budget? Want to purchase a drip coffee maker under 100?
Then this Mr Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT-AM model can be the right choice for you. But, we don’t love the product a lot because of several issues.
This is a small drip coffee maker which quickly suit in your kitchen. It comes with a thermal carafe and 12 cups of capacity.
This is a programmable coffee maker where you can set a schedule to brew coffee. This program shuts off the coffee machine automatically to save energy.
Also, with the pause n serve feature, you can serve a coffee between the brewing process. But you are not going to love the materials of it. Most of the materials are cheap. You can’t use the machine for a long time.
- Compact design for hassle-free setup.
- It comes with a 12-cup thermal carafe.
- Programmable feature for auto-shutoff.
- No need to wait for the full brewing.
- Secure operating system.
- Lightweight for easy carrying.
- This is not a strong drip coffee maker.
- Require more time for brewing.
- Not an ideal product to get the delicious taste of the coffee.
- Water filtration doesn’t work properly.
Conclusion: Because of the low price, most of the material is cheap, and they sustain only for a few months. If you can afford something else, we suggest avoiding this unit.
5. OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker
OXO coffee brewers are an all-time favourite to the coffee lovers because of their perfection. They have designed this unit for people who are suffering because of the high prices of most of the drip coffee brewers.
OXO brews the coffee smoothly and distributes water evenly for optimal flavour extraction. It comes with a Borosilicate glass carafe.
There are measurement markings to understand how much coffee you have brewed. The stainless-steel filter makes sure that you are getting only the taste of the coffee. This is also reusable, so there is no hassle of filter paper.
Stopper with silicone seal ensures the freshness of the coffee. Also, the construction quality is excellent.
If you clean the machine regularly and use it with an accurate power source, you can stay secure for some years.
- Small dimension with bigger capacity.
- Easy to operate the machine.
- Suitable for both cold and hot coffee.
- Rainmaker evenly distributes water for optimal flavour.
- One-touch control panel.
- Automatically stops the filtering when the user removes the carafe.
- Sized to fit even in a narrow space.
- Easy to clean the glass carafe.
- The manufacturer will replace the product if there are any faults.
- It doesn’t maintain the accurate temperature for hot coffee, but right for cold.
- It does clog if the grind isn’t coarse
Conclusion: Though the flavour of hot coffee with this brewer is not so satisfactory, a good one for cold coffee. If you have a budget problem, should try the coffee maker. Customer feedbacks are also good for the product.
6. Cuisinart DCC-3200 14 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Cuisinart is a favourite brand for different types of coffee brewers. If you wish to order a coffee maker under 500 from them, the Cuisinart DCC-3200 is the best option. It comes with a large capacity so that you can use it for home or office.
Like other coffee makers from Cuisinart, this unit also has a user-friendly controlling system. There is also a digital display to observe the brewing time.
You can select the coffee strength in it. There is also some other programmable feature. It comes with a glass carafe with 14 cups capacity.
There is a gold-tone filter in it. It ensures the authentic flavour of the coffee. There is no ground in the brewed coffee. You can set a full 24-hour schedule in it.
- Because of compact design, it is easy to set up in a small space.
- Fully programmable automatic coffee brewer.
- Larger glass carafe.
- It comes with a permanent filter to avoid the hassle of filter paper.
- Adjustable keep warm temperature control.
- Strength selector for the customization in flavour.
- User-friendly control panel with digital display.
- It is not a lightweight drip coffee maker.
- You will get the plastic flavour in the first few pots.
Conclusion: We haven’t expected so many top-notch features at an affordable price. But Cuisinart has nailed it. You will love the programmable features as well as the durability. Brewing a perfect coffee with it is easy.
7. Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus Coffee Maker
If you have a good budget and looking for the best coffee maker under 500, then you can check the features of this Zojirushi EC-YSC100 coffee brewer. It comes with a compact design to set up within a small area.
There is a thermal carafe with the coffee brewer. It can contain 10 cups of coffee in it. It will keep the coffee warm for hours.
So, brew once and drink coffee for a long time. It comes with a water filter. So, no need for another filtration process.
It is also removable for easy cleaning. This coffee maker maintains the accurate temperature for the perfect flavour extraction. You are not going to find any ground in your coffee. There is no plastic or metal flavour in the coffee.
With the programmable feature, you can control the full brewing process.
- Removable water tank makes filling easy.
- No additional maintenance required.
- It comes with a filter basket.
- Vacuum insulated stainless steel carafe.
- BPA free material to preserve the rich flavour of the coffee.
- Clean light alerts you when cleaning is recommended.
- You can’t change the temperature of the coffee.
- Some customers have a complaint about basket displacement.
Conclusion: The overall performance of the coffee brewer is so good. Most of the customers are highly pleased with the performance of it.
So, if you have enough budget for it, don’t miss the chance to get the best deal.
8. Hamilton Beach 49980A Single Serve Coffee Brewer
Another quality product which is under 200. This one from another reputed brand Hamilton Beach. If you are looking for the best deal within 200, we recommend this one for you.
There are two ways to brew a perfect coffee in the brewer. You can use it for both single-serve or 12-cup. There is a glass carafe with the brewer.
It can hold up to 12 cups of coffee. It will keep the coffee warm for a long time. You can use the ground coffee with it, and you are not going to find any ground in it.
The filter is included with it. If there are multiple coffee lovers in your family, it is an ideal product. You will love the durable construction of the brewer with stainless steel and some other high-grade materials.
- Easy to control the brewing process.
- The price is affordable for all.
- No noise during the brewing process.
- Durable construction for longevity.
- Includes a 12-cup glass carafe.
- Single-serve side multilevel cup rest adjust the system.
- Equipped with a programmable timer with the automatic shut-off feature.
- Lightweight design for easy carrying.
- No permanent mesh filter on the carafe side.
Conclusion: If you are tired of traditional coffee brewers and the messy condition after brewing, this is the best option for you.
No matter how you are pouring the coffee in the carafe, a spill is always around the corner to avoid the mess.
9. BLACK+DECKER CM1160B Programmable Coffee Maker
Need a programmable drip coffee maker? Want to impress your coffee lover partner? Then the BLACK+DECKER CM1160B will be a great idea for you.
You will find the programmable feature in it for easy controlling. There is a digital display to observe the brewing process. It comes with a glass carafe.
The handle of the carafe allows the users to pour coffee without any hassle. You can keep the brewed coffee warm for a long time with the nonstick carafe plate. Most of the parts are removable and dishwasher safe.
So, it is easy to clean the machine. But most of the materials are cheap, and they are not going to perform better after a few usages. Some customers have a complaint about the odor of the coffee.
- 24-hour programmable feature.
- 2-Hour Auto Shutoff feature.
- 12-cup glass carafe with a carafe plate.
- Easy to use it for a variety of coffee styles.
- Water window to observe how much water is remaining.
- It spoils the original flavour of coffee because of cheap materials.
- Not an ideal one for longevity.
- Require regular maintenance for the best performance.
Conclusion: We don’t recommend the coffee maker at all, only go for it if you can’t increase the budget for a new drip coffee maker.
10. DeLonghi DCF2212T 12-Cup Glass Carafe Drip Coffee Maker
If you are looking for a small dimension product, you should check the features of the DeLonghi DCF2212T coffee maker.
There is a 24-hour programmable feature in it. Also, you can set the timer as you want to brew coffee. Its compact design will allow you to set up the coffee maker within a small area.
The Aroma button function time-releases water to extract the full flavour from the ground coffee. But it is so difficult to fill the water reservoir and filling with coffee.
You need to open a door every time. Most of the materials are cheap. After a few months, you will find several issues in it.
- It has an affordable price.
- Programmable feature with digital timer.
- Compact design and lightweight for easy carrying.
- Larger carafe with handle.
- Permanent gold-tone filter.
- This is not a durable coffee maker at all.
- This is a bulky coffee maker.
- Cheap materials.
Conclusion: There are a lot of negative reviews from the customers about the product. Because of poor construction, you can’t expect longevity.
We have tested different drip coffee brewers. But we have found the above ten products are the best in their categories.
So, all of them are the best drip coffee maker from different portions. So, you can pick any of them. Just make sure you have read the product features, and it meets your requirements.